Signatures are needed in all industries. Whether this is a contract that needs to be signed, or a delivery which needs to be confirmed. Many companies ask us to integrate a signature application into their Dynamics 365 systems. There are some great plug and play integrations out there such as Docusign and Adobe E-sign. However, in some organisations we have worked with, the signature needed is merely for recognition purposes. They are not added into the system to hold legal grounds.
For this, we recommend the use of the Pen Control within Dynamics 365. This allows our users to sign a record, via a field! There is no additional cost, and it is quick and easy to do as this uses our favourite functionality of CUSTOM CONTROL! The field can be added to all desktop, tablet and mobile!
1. Create a Multiple Line of Text field where you would like the signature to be stored.
a. Please note, that you need to change the number of characters to the highest possible (1,048,576).
2. Click into the field properties and select ‘custom control’ on the top menu.
3. Click on ‘add control’ and look for ‘pen control.
4. Apply this functionality to desktop, mobile and tablet (depending on your needs).
5. Click save and publish changes!
Using the Pen Control
1. Login to the mobile app (you can use this on a desktop or tablet too).
2. Navigate to the form which contains the signature field.
3. On the signature field, use your finger or stylus to sign!
4. The app will store your signature!
It really is that easy! If you would like to know more about the capabilities of Dynamics 365, please feel free to contact us on 0161 711 0418 !